No products in the cart.
CSF High Performance Heat Exchanger Toyota A90|A91 Supra|BMW G-Series 2018-2023
Roll over image to zoom in
Click to open expanded view
After six months of development and testing with some of the best Supra tuners across the world, CSF is proud to announce its new high-performance all-aluminum charge cooler Front Mount Heat Exchanger upgrade for the A90/91 Toyota Supra (including some BMW G-Series fitment).
Since the vehicle was released in 2019, enthusiasts have been looking for performance upgrades to unleash the full potential of the BMW-sourced B58 engine. It didn’t take long for weak points of the vehicle to become chatter across the internet, in facebook groups, and at race tracks. One of the most apparent problems (and one that was quickly identified by anyone taking the car to a track day): the liquid-cooled charge air cooler system would quickly heat soak with no ability to recover. This would cause the intake air temperatures (IATs) to spike, resulting in the ECU cutting the power output of the vehicle, and eventually putting the car into limp mode.
CSF engineers witnessed the overheating issue first-hand as they were in attendance at the Global Time Attack Finals at Buttonwillow Raceway in November 2019. Several new heavily modified Supra racecars could barely go two or three laps in moderate ambient conditions without having the car go into limp mode, forcing drivers to take a cool down lap (or two), with some even coming into the pits to have their front mount heat exchangers sprayed down with cold water.
Even factory-backed teams, such as HKS, were having tremendous overheating issues and would have to periodically come into the pits to spray down through the front grille.
Since then, many aftermarket tuning companies have developed bolt-on performance upgrades, software tunes, as well as upgraded hybrid-turbos. Several companies have already pushed the limitations of the engine introducing fully upgraded turbo kits, with some pushing close to 800whp. The increase in horsepower also tremendously increases the heat generated from the engine, and puts further stress on an already flawed charge-air cooling system. When upgrading the vehicle’s power, the ECU can also start to pull timing and decrease the car’s power output – even just during spirited driving, not necessarily only on the track.
How the Charge Cooling System Works
Because of CSF’s industry-leading reputation and deep knowledge of high-performance BMW cooling systems, its engineers immediately knew what had to be fixed in order to maximize and maintain consistent performance with the B58 engine. The engine is very similar to the S55 in the latest F8X M3/M4 – both feature a liquid-to-air charge cooler mounted on the top of the engine, along with a front mount heat exchanger (water radiator) that first cools the fluid that then cycles through the charge cooler, dissipating heat from the charge air before it enters the engine.
The difference is that the B58 liquid-to-air charge cooler is integrated into the intake manifold, rather than being a stand-alone unit that can be easily replaced (like in the F8X S55 variant). Because the charge cooler is built into the manifold, it’s extremely difficult to replace with a high-performance solution, with currently no aftermarket support available. The only solution to keeping intake air temperatures in control on a modified or track-ready Supra is to upgrade with the CSF Front Mount Heat Exchanger.
RADIATOR TECHNOLOGY ENGINEERING:
- CAD/CAM designed using Unigraphics Software
- OE radial and deep drawn aluminum endtanks
- “B-Tube” Technology – Stronger, most efficient tube in the world
- Wind tunnel tested for optimal radiator core cooling efficiency
- “Racing Style” Aluminum Drain Plug
RADIATOR TECHNOLOGY MANUFACTURING:
- Brazed in CAB Furnace
- ISO 9001/9002 certification
- Military Grade (special clad) aluminum used for tubes, fins, header
- plates, and side brackets (JIS 3003 spec minimum)
- Privately owned factories with full “In house” tool rooms
- CNC machined fittings
- “Master Class” TIG welding
- Significantly Reduces Intake Air Temperature (IAT) for Maximum Performance
- Improves Air Flow to the Rest of the Cooling System for Both Lower Engine Water and Engine Oil Temperatures
- 2-Row, 42mm Ultra High Performance Core
- 6.5mm Tall Multi-Louvered Fin
- CNC Machined Mounting Brackets and OEM Style “Quick Connect” Inlet/Outlet
- 100% All Aluminum TIG-Welded Construction
- Includes Rock Guard & Transmission Oil Cooler Mounting Kit (Industry Exclusive)
- “Drop-in” Fit
- 2-Year Limited Warranty
- Toyota Supra A90|A91 2020-2021
- BMW G29 Z4 2018-2019
- BMW G20 320i|330i|330ix|M340i|M340ix 2018-2020
- GMW G21 330i|330ix|M340ix 2018-2020